At desteni we are : LIVING WORDS
Check out links: http://wiki.destonians.com/Living_Word
Current allocation: I would think of this word like : over protection, like giving more coz and attention than needed. Like a nurse simply “diddeling and doddeling” with you, giving you lots of extra and not asked for attention and consideration. I would think of this word as a word over the top, like to exaggerate. To overdo something.
Dictionary definition: gentleness
- Considerate or kindly in disposition; amiable and tender.
- Not harsh or severe; mild and soft: a gentle scolding; a gentle tapping at the window.
- Easily managed or handled; docile: a gentle horse.
- Not steep or sudden; gradual: a gentle incline.
- a. Of good family; wellborn: a child of gentle birth.
- Suited to one of good breeding; refined and polite: a gentle greeting to a stranger.
- Archaic Noble; chivalrous: a gentle knight.
Etymology: gentleness (n.)
- 1300, “inherited nature,” from gentle + -ness. Meaning “freedom from harshness or violence” is from 1610s.
Sounding of word:
Negative: I would think of gentleness as “to much care”. Like to overdo it. “Too much of good” sort of. And a sort of fear of what opens up within – from experiencing gentleness.
Positive: I would think of considering and providing care and consideration to others. To be gentle and to go with ease.
It is connected to genes somehow, like how we must be gentle with even our genes. Harsh is like the opposite of gentle(ness). I would realize that there is no overdoing goodness or ease at all, it is just my imagination. Doing good cannot become “too good”. By doing lots of good or being over all gentle and easy, one is making people more kind and open to more gentleness. By being gentle one opens up new doors and oneness consciousness to new consideration and to simple best for all solutions. It is sort of claiming peace.
Gentleness: is being so; over all good and acting with such ease, that it inspires to further consideration and further healing. Gentleness, is claiming peace by being so good it makes people surrender their tensions/arms/polarities.